Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Mania...Just Goes On.


Things have been quite eclectic lately - I love it.

After Portland I took a 4 day period of silence. I didn't talk (unless it was necessary) or listen to my iPod or use my computer. It was...difficult yet, very freeing and productive.

On Monday - the coffee house that we spend time at most Mondays and Fridays allowed a friend (Adam) and I to play a gig. It was fun. Followed by a sing-a-long type night with another performer who busted out such hilarious tunes as R Kelly's Ignition Remix.

Then, a new family joined us - a big welcome to the Chapmans! We emptied their moving van just outside of an hour - we hustled. And this week hails a city wide influx of college students and people return to their schools, colleges and jobs. Also the same for members of our community.

Thursday night I was taught the easy way that 3rd graders are taught calculus - seriously, by the end of 3rd grade they are differentiating (jaw drops). From high fructose corn syrup to calculus and grammar - you gotta love Ms. Rona.

Saturday we literally mowed through 6 yards and I further perfected my spaghetti sauce when cooking for a house of rowdy teenage boys (could it be on par with Mum's? Or even perhaps surpassing the saucy goodness she passed on to me?). And Andrew turned 6(!!!) - an evening full of cheese pizza, vanilla ice cream and ketchup and probably Star Wars.

So, as the Louisiana judicial system makes sure I have no felonies in this state (so I can hang out at the school and learn more calculus) and as we catch the edges of tropical storm fay - after is hovered over Florida like a stink - we all anticipate a new week with new people and new tasks.

No comments: